Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Attention: Zegers/Winograd and SilverPicker Submissions

I need your email address!

Despite various appeals and reminders, the majority of people who submitted their serial number(s) prior to October 2021 still have not submitted their email address. These individuals are marked as "no email" in my database's comment column. This applies to both people who submitted serial numbers through the old Zegers/Winograd project and through SilverPicker's website.

Rather than re-submit your serial numbers and contact information, I have created a new form which requires as little as 2 pieces of information, although filling out all 4 sections would help me further.  The form can be found here: https://bit.ly/AddYourEmail2013

Note: I take email privacy VERY seriously.  Your name and email address will never be shown publicly.  The only person it will potentially be shared with is with the bill owner who has a bill with a matching serial number to your bill's serial number.  Even in the case of matching serial numbers (a matched pair), your email will only be shared with the other bill owner after they submit photo proof that they actually have ownership of the matching banknote.


Why the urgency

The answer is threefold.

Firstly, there are 'lurkers' who have never registered their bill, they come to see the list, see that their serial number has no match, then leave and potentially never come back.

Secondly, there are probably some people who first submitted their serial number(s) to the defunct Zegers/Winograd project (or through the SilverPicker website) and think that their contact info was automatically transferred to Project 2013B. That is NOT the case. At the start of Project 2013B, the previous list owner did NOT hand over any email addresses citing 'privacy concerns'.  

Thirdly, people who submitted their serial numbers to the Zegers/Winograd project have essentially been ABANDONED by the previous list owner. Up until recently, whenever there was contact information missing for one or both of the bills of a newly found matching pair, I would contact the previous list owner to see if he still had the contact information for that bill's owner. If he had contact info, he would inform the bill owner and that person would then contact me.  That courtesy has been revoked.

Despite my urge to go fully nuclear, I am restraining myself from airing dirty laundry and posting emails of what went down.  I can honestly say I have lost a bit of trust with people in general over this.

If I were to add a 4th reason, I would say I am disappointed every time I have to tell someone that there is a matching bill to their serial number but that I do not have the contact information for that bill's owner. Sometimes the contact information turned out to be a dud email address that bounced (has happened several times on the submissions from the SilverPicker website for whatever reason). 

How do I know if you have my email address?

There are two ways to find out.  You can go to the "Missing in Action" page which is located at https://project2013b.blogspot.com/p/are-you-mia.html and look for your Owner ID.

OR...

You can search the database (pdf file) for your Owner ID, or better yet, your bill's serial number as described below. This process is easiest to do on a desktop computer though not impossible on a phone. The database/list is a PDF file that is over 1300 pages long.

1) Goto my website bit.ly/2013bill and scroll down to the bottom of the page where you will find the various navigation buttons... click on THE LIST

pick me! pick me!


2) Once you are on the webpage that has the list, you will scroll down to where you see the first page of the list, and from there click on the checkbox that has the arrow inside to expand the list so it takes up the whole screen (it will open a new browser window).

Expand that puppy


3) Search for one of your serial numbers that you submitted (use Control F on a desktop computer). 



4) Assuming no typos, and that your serial number is in the list, your number will be highlighted on the page it resides on. 


5)  If the last column (comments) of the row your serial number is on, show "No Email" then it means I do not have your contact information (email address).  You will need to use this form to update your information.

6) Share the link with other bill owners you might know. The addresss for the form to add your contact information is:  https://bit.ly/AddYourEmail2013



Useful Links
Serial Number Submission Form:  https://bit.ly/submit2013b
Project 2013B Database:  http://bit.ly/3KNpX3I
Collector Resources and Supplies: http://bit.ly/3DPo2Y7
My store (currency themed items):  https://rdbl.co/3Ms0Jp8
My store (general themed items): https://1zin.short.gy/2013store